Saturday, December 12, 2009

How can I get even with an IT consumables site that has ripped me off?

A month ago a site called 'esumables' (based in Perth in Scotland) took 拢38.11 from my credit card but never delivered the printer ink I ordered nor refunded me. And despite numerous emails and calls, they never respond.





They are too far away (I live in London) to tackle face to face - so how do I get my money back OR make them suffer? I am really angry!!How can I get even with an IT consumables site that has ripped me off?
The credit card have to give your money back. The credit card co is bound by s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Its called equal liability.





Paying for goods or services by credit card is now a major part of daily life, with many people preferring this method of payment to using cash or cheques. An advantage of using a credit card is that, under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, customers who have a claim against a supplier for breach of contract or misrepresentation will generally have an equal claim against the card issuer.





Claims are often made against the card issuer when the supplier has gone out of business or disappeared. Firms will sometimes tell customers that they must first get a court judgment against the supplier. That is wrong. The customer can choose whether to claim against the supplier, the card issuer, or both.








Tell this to your card issuer and im sure you will soon have your money back!How can I get even with an IT consumables site that has ripped me off?
are you not covered against that on your credit card? claim the money back
That is credit card fraud contact your credit card company tell them what happened.
Claim your money back. The credit card company can reverse the transaction and take the money back off them because its a ';card holder not present'; transaction.
answer a question with a question - this is related to credit how exactly !!!
Any purchase that you make using a Credit Card is always automatically covered.





Ring up your credit card company and give them any information regarding the sale ie order confirmation number and company involed.





You should end up having a refund of what you paid.
Dispute the charge with your credit card compnay, and you should be covered. Good luck.
I would advise a county court claim although this would have to be over 拢50, i would recommend reporting them to trading standards to make the suffer and make an indemnity claim from your card co!!
Contact your credit card provider to help, and then slag the company off on every blog or forum you can think of. Bad publicity is an easy way of gaining revenge.
You can raise a dispute with your credit card company for goods not received.

No comments:

Post a Comment