Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Using white toner on Yellow/blond hair to achieve a gray/silver?

What volume of developer should I use with the toner to achieve a gray/silver from yellow/blond hair?





Is this even possible? How do I tone this yellow to a gray?





(And no I won't wait until I'm old =_= I've heard that joke already)Using white toner on Yellow/blond hair to achieve a gray/silver?
Most toners use 20 volume. If you are really trying to achieve that gray/silver look, just leave the toner on for alot longer than usual. Usually toners only require between 5-10 mins, the longer you leave it on, the more the base color sticks to the blonde.Using white toner on Yellow/blond hair to achieve a gray/silver?
Don't use any higher than a 40 volume developer..it will make your hair feel like hay.. Get a toner with a violet base, that will lift the most brassiness/yellow from your hair. That worked for me, and I was working with natural red hair..ugh..such a pain in the ***! Also, at Sallys Beauty Supply they sell a violet/blue base shampoo that will help with the upkeep. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment