Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What's the best toner to use to get my hair to a platinum/white shade? I bleached with 40 vol. and it orange!

I don't want to use bleach and further damage my hair. I am naturally a medium brutnette and I bleached one chunck of my hair blonde. It's stuck at this ';pumpkin-peach'; color in some sports. Now I need to tone it up to white/platinum. I know toner will get me there, but before I go walikng into the hair product store, I need to know what to look for!What's the best toner to use to get my hair to a platinum/white shade? I bleached with 40 vol. and it orange!
40 v is not even used in the salon very often. it works to quickly. depending on what level your hair was to start with, dark brown etc. you may need to bleach/lighten more. brown hair has an underlying pigment that is red, and then goes to orange in the stages of lightening. if your hair is still in good condition, i would use the bleach with a 10v or 20 at the most. apply all over the head quickly. watch it, but you shoudln't need heat and should only leave it on 5-15 mins. what you are trying to achieve is the stage where there is almost no pigment left in the hair. the best way to describe it is yellow like the inside of a bannana peel. a very unnatural hair color. once you do get to this point. gently shampoo 2 times, apply a toner. i like to use at Sallys the Miss Clariol Born Blonde toner in snow white or someting like that, whitest white blonde. no mixing is required. leave it on for 5-15 mins. watch it, once your hair looks like alll the yellow/gold is out and it is more of a beige color wet then rinse and condition. if you leave it on too long it can make your hair purple since it is so porus. bottle says leave it on for up to 30 but don't. if you don't have a Sally Beauty supply, Manic Panic makes a white blonde toner as well. or you can get a bottle of so silver, shimmer lights shampoo etc. it is purple and leave it on as a toner for the same amount of time. i use the miss clariol shimmer lights shampoo every other time to help keep the brassiness out of my light blonde bleached hair. if your hair is to damaged at this point to bleach further then you can use a toner on the prelightened hair you have now, but it will be more of a dark gold blonde. good luck.What's the best toner to use to get my hair to a platinum/white shade? I bleached with 40 vol. and it orange!
you need to go get it fixed by the time you spend all this money doing it your self,u could have be done.you have gold in your hair,,,,tones...i had to go get mine fixed,,, it will be uneven color no matter what unless they fix it,,,,i still have multicolored that shows thru after my dye wears off.They go to school to know the colors...good luck
1st of all if you used a 40 vol and its still orange something is very wrong your devloper is probly inactive and needs replaced. You need to lift you hair lighter than orange anyways to use the platium toner. trying buying new devloper always make sure lid is tight and only open for the second you are pouring it. 40 should off done it or ate it all off one. Only other thing is go to the salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment