Saturday, December 12, 2009

What typically British consumables can I give to my American friend when I visit her?

Okay, so I'm heading off to Chicago in the next few days to visit a couple of friends, and one of which hasn't been to the UK yet but would LOVE to go.


I'm considering on bringing her a few things, most likely food products to give her a little taste of the UK before she visits.


What can you suggest?


Things like tea, crumpets, Bourbon biscuits. Silly stuff like that to give her a quirky but genuine feel for the UK.What typically British consumables can I give to my American friend when I visit her?
i am american but lived in london for six months studying abroad. there are very few food items i miss from london (no offense) but what I would love to have again - tea, digestives (those cookie things with chocolate on them) - good chocolate from europe, and get her a candy bar or something (the one with the lion on it - that one is super good and we don't have it here). anything else I don't think she is missing out on - except maybe wagamamas (but we have that in boston now)!!!!!What typically British consumables can I give to my American friend when I visit her?
Marmite, Tetleys tea bags,baked beans and a loaf of bread. I don't think bread has hit those shores yet? Just kidding. Have you checked Fortnam and Masons ?





If you want to give them a real British experience, mug them.
Sausage sandwich with a bit of Daddie's sauce on it.





Daddy loves American's getting stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment